Monday, February 23, 2009

Note Strikes Back

Dear people who are having a wedding across the street,

I give up; you have won this uneven and unjust war.

I bought ear plugs.

Love,
Allison


Dear everyone else,

I've decided to take this as a gift. I will be happy about the really great amount of loud music that plays until 3 AM in my room. In fact, wedding season ends in a mere 3 weeks. 3 weeks! That means I only have 3 weeks left of 24-hour, conscious time! My friend, think of all the things I can do when I'm not sleeping. I can read, I can paint, I can wash things, I can listen to music! These 3 weeks are going to go by awful fast! Oh, how I wish these people would wed forever just across the street! How much fun I do have, slapping my knee in joy sitting in my bed! I hear the cheers of the crowd and revel in the delight of so many true night owls. It is a pleasure only given by God to live within 100 yards of a large temple and a wedding courtyard.

I welcome death.

Love,
Allison

No comments: