Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Maiden Entry

I am still in Madison, busying myself with everything other than studying for my impending final exam. I feel like Hindi is going very well, though I suppose I should still be (somewhat) invested in the grade I get.

I've been meeting with Afsar (one of my T.A.s for the Hindi class) more or less every day to either study Hindi or that so he can teach me some Urdu. As of right now, I can almost write sentences like "That is a chair." So things are going swimmingly.

I've been feeling rather sick lately, but I think it will pass. I feel as if it's just stress about my upcoming 9-month long journey to India. And even though I am nervous about my trip, the closer it gets, the more excited I get. Whenever I see pictures of India or I hear other peoples' stories about India, I'm overwhelmed with a really positive feeling. It's great. I can't imagine a better feeling to have about it.

On Saturday I am returning to Westport, MA for a week or so to see friends and family. And on August 18th, I leave for Chennai to hang out with my brother, Scott, for a week. On the 25th, I go to New Delhi to meet up with the rest of the program, then go to Benaras on the 28th (ish).

I'll update soon,
allison

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

su sandalye.