Sunday, October 19, 2008

Survey Post

In the last week, number of times seeing...
A dead dog: 2
A dead mouse: 1
A dead cricket: 80 billion
A mouse in my room: 6
A mouse in my bed: 2
Ants carrying other dead ants: 80 billion
Two men making out: 1 (It blew my mind)
The biggest spider in the world: 2

In last week, number of times eating/drinking...
Bugs by accident: 3
Food that I knew had bugs in it: 2
Amazingly delicious food: 2
Tuna melt: 1
Homemade mango juice popsicles from our freezer: 4
Chai: 40
Lassi: 4 (The lassiwalla on my corner and I are best friends. For real.)
Free meals: 11

In last week, number of times feeling like a complete fool...
In front of my Urdu professor: 30 (Sub point: Number of times Urdu professor has put his forhead on the table in what I can only guess is frustration: 8)
In front of my Hindi professor: 10
In front of any Indian: 200

In last week, number of...
Children talked to: 10
Misconjugated tenses: 75
Overeager rickshaw wallas: 20
Teenage boys that gawked at me and whispered in Hindi (during interviews): 36
Teenage boys that gawked at me and whispered in Hindi (outside of research): 50
Number of kids who speak better English than I do: 22

That's all I have to say. I thought of this list when I was riding my bike by dog carcass number two. I figured it was a susinct way of communicating to you all what my current life is like.

As a side note, I want to congratulate my brother on getting a job as a contributing editor at WIRED Magazine. In addition to being employed, he's like the coolest guy I know.

-allison

1 comment:

Scott Carney said...

Be aware, I am susceptible to flattery.