Monday, March 23, 2009

Here Are 10 Things, Because I Have Hindi Class in T-13 Minutes

Thus, this will be a quick entry. I know I haven't update in a while, but my rough draft was due and one thing led to another...You get it. So, here's a list of things that happened.

1) Holi happened. It was crazy and my eyebrows were dyed pink for, well, eternity. I will, someday, put pictures op on flickr. I will subsequently tell all of you.

2) My bike got stolen on Holi. Nice.

3) I turned in my rough draft: 89 pages of the worst thing I or anyone else literate in the English language has ever written.

4) I went to Kolkata.

T-minus 8 minutes.

5) I saw the Victoria Memorial, St. Paul's Catherdral, Flury's, and a mall.

6) Sara, Mary Beth, and I went to a mall in the suburbs of Kolkata. We saw the movie, "He's Just Not That Into You," and then went to a department store. I then had a major ferak out about going back to America and almost vomited. I'm fine now, but I'm terrified to go back home. I'm sure it will be fine, but no one warned me that reverse culture shock would remove from me my ability to stand up without vomiting. Who knew.

7) Now I'm back in Varanasi and I didn't do my Hindi homework. Don't tell Virendra-Ji.

8) I scrubbed my bathroom for approximately 2 hours and now it glitters like gold.

9) I backed up all my photos and music onto an external hard drive!

10) I leave Varanasi in 5 and a half weeks.

I apologize for my absence on here recently. My life has been one crazy episode after another and I'm trying to survive long enough to start my senior year in college.

-allison

3 comments:

Laura said...

dude, sorry you are panicking. it is normal. I will try my hardest to make your transition easy. good thing LA is your first stop! call me...hopefully I will pick up.

allison c. said...

You better pick me up! If you forget to pick me up it will put a significant damper on our sisterness.

Katie said...

iii'mmm commmingggggg.