Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Internet-Continental Journey

So I've completely ignored my fieldwork project for the last two weeks. The mission was a complete success, and I am pleased to announce that I have made absolutely no headway in the tome of a paper due in two weeks. I don't expect a medal, but I don't think a pat on the back would be inappropriate.

Instead of working on my project, I have been pitter pattering around the internet. The following is a list of things I have wikipedia-ed in the last week.

Dr. Kevorkian
The Kennedy Curse
Rose Kennedy
Lindsay Lohan
Samantha Ronson
Charlotte Ronson
Rohan (Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson)
Weather Underground
Bill Ayera
Akon
LeT
Yamam
Canada
Monaco
Varanasi
Jim Krasinski
Pam Beesley

Which brings me to my next point: I have spent way, WAY too much time youtube-ing "The Office" clips.

I told my sister that I was going to spend my 6 days in San Diego eating, sleeping, and watching TV. I will occaisonally breathe and visit the bathroom, but I am not kidding when I say I want her to Tivo 4 entire series of shows. I am not kidding. I will gladly sit for 6 days, and as my friend Clare would say, forcefully make my ass to graft to her couch. And I will not- I repeat- will not regret a single moment of my wasted existence. I might take a break from those 5 activities to play with my sisters adorable puppy, but those times will be few, short, and far between if I have anything to say about it.

In other news, I am in Varanasi for 4 more weeks as of today. Though, I might go on a little jaunt sometime near April 24th for a week or so, but who knows. I will, for sure, let you all know once that happens.

Okay. I'm going to go now. There's a "Jim and Pam's Best Moments: 3" that I've just been dying to watch.

-allison

No comments: